Tuesday, August 20, 2013

When I was in love


You shook my world, you rocked my core
when I thought I was immovable.
When I thought I was impervious, impenetrable,
you reached into my being and
made it rain on a sunny day and watered my scorched inner being.
When I was floating by, directionless,
you pulled me close to the shore,
then let go again, giving me a new direction: you.
When I thought I was a lecher who objectified women,
you showed me the sacredness in the curl of your lips.
When I thought I was blind,
you showed me golden waves melting and dazzling in your golden locks.
When I thought my senses were numb and damaged,
from seasons of unuse and abuse,
you made me smell the sweet pine forest floor of the Northwest.
When I thought feelings could only be deep and constant,
your ecstasy in my mouth, ephemeral and rising to a crescendo,
blissfully let me know that sometimes the shortest of moments can give me the most intense of feelings.
When I thought I was incapable of satisfying a woman,
your soft moans melting into my mouth, my being,
let me know that I can satisfy you.
I felt like a beggar,
You treated me like a king.
I was derelict and poor,
you colored me anew, and gave the wealth of kings to treasure in my heart.
I just wanted to tell you this.
Just this.

-------
I wrote this emotion (is it really a poem? The reader is the judge!) in April. And now, even when I'm past this love interest, this woman; these words still encapsulate what my feelings were and maybe are about her.

And a cool anecdote that no one knows, so I only tell you: I wrote this on my computer on my first night traveling from the US to San Jose, Costa Rica, while I was tired and sleep deprived. And then, when I finished, the computer/internet conspired to delete the whole draft. So I wrote it again a second time from memory, almost emotion for emotion copy of the first draft. Writing this, my emotions were just that strong, almost as if in a trance.

No comments: