Sunday, August 18, 2013

After Aura


I have searched for you
in this mass of brick and people,
ever since you said,
"Romance is a lost cause."

I've turned every corner
wanting to see you,
wanting to hear your laughter,
wanting to witness the golden sun shine down
your golden locks in golden cascades.
The search in this landscape has returned empty.

The quest in my dreamscape has been
filled with your touch
                      your smile
                      your eyes
                      your lips
                      your breast heaving
                      your eager torso
                              intoxicating me.

The yearning in my songscape
fills my songs with your essence.
The landscape of my imagination is fertile
with your presence.

But my eyes' thirst
and the emptiness in my being
tell me that
you stay just beyond my songs' reach,
                    just beyond my thirsty lips.

Having searched this world
                   and in the world where dreams are true
and not having found you,
I was sure you had been just another dream,
                                 a figment of reality in my mind's imagination.

When I gave up,
you just showed up.
The full splendor of you.
And as before, I was forever taken by a storm
                          and had not a clue
                                what to do.

No comments: