Monday, January 20, 2014

Priestess


You were Apollo's Priestess
                             in the temple of the sun:
                                 radiant in the glow of your devotion,
                                 mind conquering in the strength
                                 and uniqueness of your beauty.

I never worshipped the Sun God.
I worshipped the God of indulgence.
I spent my nights in impurity's embrace
     and my days in Bacchalanian pursuits.

Seeing you changed all that.

You changed the way I doubted everything.
You changed how I would find
                            a spec of dirt-
                            darkness
                            even in the brightest of white.
I learned to hope again.
I dared to dream again.
I wished to love again.
All because of you.
I gave you my heart.

I didn't see
                that curved dagger in your hand
                carefully hidden in the white of your robe.

Without me seeing
you stabbed mercilessly
my poor heart,
until it could take no more
and died a pitiful death.

You must've chanted a dark incantation
while my heart lied there a corpse.

Now, slowly it rises again
in bruised blackness,
emotions dripping away.
What vile words did you say?
My heart beats in a monotone!
No more laughter,
no more joy it knows.

It now lives like a voodoo corpse
resurrected
when there is nothing to live for,
but the mistress.

You are a voodoo priestess.

My hopes and dreams,
tears and pain
all stay right outside of reach,
behind the shimmering veil
that my heart meekly struggles to break.

That veil is your creation.
This bind is your will.
This dark magic-binding me- is your shackle.

This sacrifice could've been
bright, glorious and of love.
Now you've sacrificed me for your gain.
and I know only bleakness, gloom, and obedience.


No comments: