Friday, November 15, 2013

How far do I go to forget you?


I have run, run, run
until I was breathless
and was only stopped by
the chasm of despair
opening in front.

I have run, run, run
from this chasm
to a frosted peak of stoicism
climbing endless dead rocks of emotions,
and found your blue sky
smiling upon me,
as if only to say
there's no hiding from you.

I have run, run, run
away from the frosted peaks
to the land of growth and green,
and tried hiding under
a green canopy
from where I could barely see the blue sky.

Green shade of growth
invites songs of joy,
be it the vibrant birds
or the calm but unruly forest stream flowing.
It reminds me of my songs for you.
And peace here I don't find.

So, I run, run, run,
from a chasm,
from a frosted peak,
from a lush canopy,
and seek a monastery
where nothing will remind me of you.

Breathless, I run, run, run.

No comments: