Thursday, September 5, 2013

Curses


So I want to
cast a curse upon you!
I resist and resist until
the pain forces me to
spit out this curse
that'd be the end of your happiness,
                    the death of the light of your sun,
                    the depth of your darkness,
                    the beginning of your depression.

Unable to resist
I open my mouth
and cast this curse upon you:
" Go where you may find happiness.
Go where the sun shines the strongest.
Go where darkness hides from your luminosity.
Go where depression doesn't have your address."

Surprised at myself,
I try some more.
I want to see your man be slaughtered, be eaten by vultures.
I want your children to not know love
and be raised by wolves to become animals themselves.
I want your hair to turn into Medusa's
and gouge your eyes out.

So I say,
"I wish a pair of gently strong arms and shoulders
to forever bear your burden.
I wish you have the sun and the moon
for your son and daughter.
I wish the autumn sun flows down
your hair in golden cascades.
I wish the evening star shines in your eyes always."

In this struggle,
I finally realize that
the vitriol that emanates from the pain you inflicted
will always lose to the radiance
of love my heart holds for you.


No comments: